Friday, August 31, 2012

Man Portable Plasma and Fusion guns revisited

Its been stewing around in my head for a while, but the PGMP and FGMP  seem like they are just too darn powerful in their current incarnation. As currently rated, a four man fire team with FGMP-14/15 field 12 attack dice (yeah, I know...there's a firepower cap). Perusing the Striker data tables, both FGMP and PGMP can only engage a single target.

So...I'll need to test lowering the AP firepower of the PGMP/FGMP while keeping the AT ratings intact. After all, these things are about as effective as RPG in the anti-armor role.

I'll retain the fusion guns "flamethrower" damage effect. If you get hit by one, you were generally KIA.

If you are hacking around with this rules, give 'em a try and let me know how they work out.

No comments:

Post a Comment